8.03.2015

Reflections on a new job.

Some reflections now that I’m more than halfway through orientation for this new job.
In my first seven years as a registered nurse I:
Went from having an associates degree to a bachelors to a masters.
Went from managing tens of patients to hundreds to thousands.
Directly reported to a woman named Paula in all of my previous jobs.  This new job (my fourth) is the first one where I won’t be reporting to a woman named Paula.  Paula is also the name of my yet-to-be-born daughter due in a couple months.
Made about an equal number of enemies as friends.
Experienced sexual harassment four times.
Met about ten nurses that I would feel good about taking care of someone in my own family.
Went from fearing my own mortality to accepting it and back again.

No comments: