7.28.2008

Testing



Today I took the NCLEX.

I drove to an office complex, pictured above. It was about an hour away, and waking up at 11AM to get there on time was a real challenge (the test was at 2PM). I've fallen back into my insomniac habits, I'm afraid.

I gave up on studying about a month ago, once I realized I knew the answers to the questions I was drilling myself on. A week or so before the test I decided to flip through the questions again..and..yep..still knew the answers.

For the past two nights before the test, I spent my time staying out late and playing trombone, once with a regular band and once in a sort of open jam environment. That's been a lot of fun. I'm jamming with an exciting group of kids tomorrow with the aim of "putting something together", looking forward to that as well.

This is a regular feature of my study habits, to abandon preparation at some point and just enjoy myself for the few days leading up to a big test (or weeks, as the case may be).

While I was waiting in the holding area before starting the test, one of the other candidates was visibly upset, crying and blowing her nose often. When the receptionist asked her if she had allergies, she responded that she was -nervous about the test-. That can't be good.

Unfortunately I can't discuss the test itself (beyond the info that is freely available in the public candidate bulletin, which I covered in a previous post), since I signed some kind of non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement before testing.

75 questions. I walked out of that testing facility in under 36 minutes.

I either did really good or really not-good.

I guess we'll see in two days.

No comments: