5.01.2008

Six Random Facts

I'm usually annoyed by these "meme" things in blogging (mainly due to what I consider abuse of the term), but in the interests of reciprocity I'll play along with my good buddy JackOfHares' acute attack of intarweb trendiness.

Rules of the game:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post these rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six random people by linking to their blogs.
- Let each of the six know they've been tagged by leaving them a comment (on their blogs).
- Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Six Random Facts about PM:

1. I play trombone and piano. I won an award for jazz improv in high school and traveled around with a college women's basketball team for the NCAA games. My parents even have a tape with clips of me on ESPN. I've let both instruments slide (excuse the pun) since I left engineering school and took up Nursing, hopefully after I graduate I'll have more time to get back into it. In the meantime I've focused most of my musical attention on electronic noise music and turntablism.

2. I live with my parents. Lame, I know, but having the only room on the ground floor of a nice house with a family I get along with -for free- is a tough deal to pass up (what with the "Economy" and all). The lake in the back-yard doesn't hurt either.

3. I experience really bad Subjective Tinnitus. It's most distracting in a completely silent room, where it's perceived as a deafening roar, thankfully the fans in my computer provide sufficient background noise. Childhood ear infections are probably to blame.

4. I read quickly. It only takes me about a day to read a full-length novel, although non-fiction takes me a bit longer for some reason. I was assessed to have a college-level reading ability in kindergarten, about two years after I started reading. I also type around 90WPM.

5. I've had a computer since I was five years old (#1 was a commadore Vic-20, the second was a 128k RAM macintosh). Although this has had sundry positive effects
(like coding in PERL and Hypercard nearly as soon as I could read), one drawback is that I have the handwriting of a four year-old serial-killer.

6. I can't eat cooked fish. Sushi and sashimi are fine, but cooked fish turns my stomach. It took a long time for me to even be around it without retching. I think getting food poisoning from clam chowder when I was young might have something to do with it.

So, let's see...I tag...

Little Heck (Soon to be Graduate Nurse)
CxLxMxRx (Nursing Student)
Alisha Marie (Unlicensed Supportive and soon-to-be Nursing Student)
Lucid (Search and Rescue)

aaannnd.... that's it. I don't know who else is even reading this. hah.

No comments: